Recently started reading Matthew. I wanted to remind everyone of Jesus’ parable about builders.
Read the Beatitudes of Christ again and remember to practice everything he taught.
We all need to have a STRONG foundation and rock to build upon.
– Be a good example.
– Remember to practice the commandments
– Do not be angry with ANYONE. Hold your tongue.
– Say “no!” to lustful thoughts. Don’t put yourself in the situation to provoke lustful thoughts.
– Don’t cause your wife to become and adulteress.
– oaths – let no be no and yes be yes. Nothing further, that comes from the evil one.
– Turn the other cheek.
– Pray for your enemies and love them.
– Do not announce your good deeds, you will get no reward other than everyone knowing how “Good” you are.
– God knows your heart – Keep your prayers short – Like Jesus’ model prayer – “Our father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into temptation and deliver us from evil.”
– Don’t announce your fasting – keep it holy.
– Only have what you need! You can’t serve Christ and money at the same time.
– Don’t worry about silly things like clothes, food, drink. God will provide EVERYTHING you “need”.
– Don’t judge others. (God knows I need help with this.)
– Do to others what you would want to be done to you.
– Remember! The gate and road to destruction is WIDE. The gate and road to life is narrow.
– Bear good fruit – Meekness, love, forgiveness, etc…No cursing, hate, lust, greed, pride etc…
Repent, for the kingdom of God is near.
Build on the good rock JESUS!