We have started an online church. Church is a gathering of people called out from the world to honor and serve the Lord Jesus Christ. With today's technology, it is possible now to have online gatherings, and so we fully believe we can have online church.
The Format of the Online Church
We would like people to come spiritually prepared if possible. Before the meeting, its a good idea to take some time to sing songs of praise to God. This doesn't work well in a corporate online environment because of time lags. We will soon be playing music in the room before it opens.
1. Some introductions – people introducing themselves briefly if they would like that.
2. A message from the Word of God, setting the tone for the rest of the time. Sometimes this will be from visiting speakers.
3. Discussion of the message OR prayer for healing/salvation/deliverance depending on how God is moving.
4. Reports on what is happening in people's different ministries.
5. Online fellowship and discussion (45 minutes). Here all can talk.
The Primary Purposes of Christian Faith Online Church
1. Being conformed to the image of God's Son, Jesus Christ
Our purpose should be the same as God's purpose for us. God's desire is that we be "conformed to the image of His Son", Jesus Christ. God the Father is looking for more sons like Jesus. We believe that Jesus Christ shows us what God is like. God's nature, God's character is revealed in Jesus Christ. Jesus walked on this earth as the Son of God. He calls us to do things as He did. He said to His disciples: "As the Father sent me, so I send you" (John 20:21) and "He who believes in Me, the works that I do shall He do also." (John 14:12).
Our aim then is that individually but also together, we can be as Jesus was in this world. We carry on His mission of extending the Kingdom of God in every area of life.
2. Knowing God
This means that we make it our quest to know and appreciate God. Together we will seek the Lord in prayer, give thanks to the Father, give our worship to God in various ways, including with the use of music. We want to be a "house of prayer for the nations". We want to know God by hearing His heart, His voice, His Word and being obedient to that Word in faith and love.
3. Making God Known
Jesus clearly instructed his disciples to "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation". A big part of our focus is to preach this all important gospel to as many people in as many cultures as we can, especially by means of online communication technology.
To do this we must always be:
* getting to know God more
* talking to unbelievers about God, and the gospel of Jesus Christ
* studying and sharpening our communication skills
* getting hold of the things God has given so we can demonstrate the power of the Kingdom through healing, deliverance and gifts of faith and miracles. This is the only way that SOME people will come to believe in Jesus. We care about those people as well, not only the people who are willing to believe without every witnessing a miracle or an answer to prayer.
We are using paltalk.com for gathering together, but may also use other technologies later on. Please register on paltalk.com, download the client application, log in, search for me: "michael cf" and the "Christian Faith Online Church" in the Christian chat room section.
As a backup people can contact me on skype: michaelf8888
Here are more thoughts on online church.