The word “Trinity” is not found in the Bible. It is the distinctive doctrine of Christian faith. It aﬃrms that there is only one God— the father, Son—the Lord Jesus Christ and the Holy spirit.
Understanding the Trinity
It is a fact that understanding the Trinity is not an easy study.
1. However, it is necessary for us to believe in the Trinity more than understanding the same. If we love God, we will believe all things.
2. We will not understand Trinity unless we have the revelation of
God’s Spirit. Eph. 1:17
3. Now we know partly about God. In future we shall know the
Triune God fully. 1 Cor. 13:12
Basis of the Trinity
1. The root word “Elohim” used for God, means “GODS.” Gen. 1:26
2. In Genesis 1:26 God said, “Let us make man in our image, according to our likeness.” Here God speaks in plural.
3. “. . .Who will go for us?” Isaiah hears in plural. Is. 6:8
4. On the basis of Christ’s word in Matthew. 28:19. . .baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the
Holy Spirit. . . .
5. The Trinity is based on the Benediction—“The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.” 2 Cor. 13:14
Trinity Working Together
1. TRINITY IN CREATION
God the Father spoke. Heb. 11:3
God the Son sustains. Heb. 1:3
God the Holy Spirit was moving. Gen. 1:2
2. TRINITY IN INCARNATION
God the Father sent the Son. Jn. 5:37
God the Son came in the ﬂesh. Jn. 1:14
God the Holy Spirit come upon. Lk. 1:35
3. TRINITY IN REDEMPTION
God the Father predestined. Eph.1:5
God the Son shed his blood. Eph.1:7
God the Holy Spirit guaranteed. Eph.1:13–14.
4. TRINITY IN SANCTIFICATION God the Father prunes. Jn. 15:2
God the Son cleanses. Jn. 15:3
God the Spirit works. 2 Thess. 2:13
5. TRINITY IN PREACHING
In the Old Testament—“Declares the Sovereign Lord.” Amos 8:11
In the Gospels— “I tell you the truth.” Jn. 3:3
In Acts— “The Holy Spirit says.” Acts. 21:11
6. TRINITY IN FELLOWSHIP
Fellowship with God the Father. 1 Jn. 1:3
Fellowship with God the Son. 1 Cor. 1:9
Fellowship with God the Holy Spirit. Phil. 2:1
7. TRINITY IN PRAYER
Praying to God the Father. Jn. 15:16
Praying in the name of God the Son. Jn. 14:14
Praying through God the Holy Spirit. Jude. 20
There are few examples like H2O being 3 formulal—solid (ice), steam & liquid water and it is not’ 1 + 1 + 1 = 3 but 1x1x1 = 1 etc; yet there can be no comparison between God and earthly things! As the Athanasian Creed says,” that we worship one God in Trinity and Trinity in unity. . . .” Yes, it is God in three Persons BLESSED TRINITY!