Teaching compiled by Bill Subritsky www.doveministries.com
These notes may be reproduced except for commercial purposes
"You will keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You." (Isaiah 26:3).
OUR ENEMIES CAN BE FEAR AND WORRY
Lack of rest
Depression (Proverbs 12:25)
Main types of fear
Fear of death
Fear of sickness
Fear of failure
Fear of rejection
There are many hundreds of types of fears ranging from claustrophobia (fear of enclosed spaces) to such things as phonophobia (fear of speaking aloud), rhypophobia (fear of dirt) through to zoophobia (fear of animals).
FEAR AND TORMENT GO TOGETHER
"men's hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth…" (Luke 21:26)
FEAR A KILLER FORCE
– opposed to faith
Spirit of faith is equal to spiritual force.
Spirit of fear equals a spiritual force.
Fear is a spiritual force that comes out of the spiritual realm and attacks our mind.
FEAR CAN KILL
Heart cells destroyed by body's reaction to fear. Stress caused by fear can produce lethal changes in the heart muscle – can cause death. 4 out of 10 were children – all were assaulted, not badly enough to have caused death.
Dr Charles Mayo of Mayo Clinic said fear affects the heart, the circulation, the glands, the nervous system and the health.
: Nabal died of fear when he heard about the visit of David: "So it was, in the morning, when the wine had gone from Nabal, and his wife had told him these things, that his heart died within him, and he became like a stone." (1 Samuel 25:37) FEAR ANTICIPATES THE WORST AND NOT THE BEST
What if – I can't pay bills
I get sick
I lose my job
FEAR RELEASES THE DEVIL'S POWER IN OUR LIFE
The devil loves to operate through fear. (John 10:10)
OUR WORST MISFORTUNES NEVER HAPPEN
Most of our torments and miseries come from anticipating what might happen. Many times it does not happen at all.
"There they are in great fear where no fear was."
AS WE FEAR WE ALLOW WHAT WE DON'T WANT TO HAPPEN TO BE MANIFESTED and allowed into our life because we are operating in fear as the opposite of faith. If we operate in fear we are opening our lives to the very thing we don't want to happen, we are bringing this reality into being.
FEAR COMES FROM IGNORANCE OR LACK OF KNOWLEDGE OR GOD'S WORD
"My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge." (Hosea 4:6) FEAR OPERATES BY THE SAME SPIRITUAL LAWS AS FAITH OPERATES
but it operates in reverse. "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for." (Hebrews 11:1)
Fear is the substance of things not hoped for.
As we fear, the things we don't want to happen are brought into manifestation and are given substance in our life because we are operating a counterforce to faith. If we are operating in fear, we are actually bringing this reality into our life because fear is a spiritual force. FEAR IS A SPIRIT "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and love and of a sound mind." (2 Timothy 1:7) FEAR IS DEVELOPED BY MEDITATING ON THE LIES OF THE DEVIL
i.e. worry. We take something we don't want to happen, eg have our car repossessed or we have no money or sickness or God is not helping. Worry or fear is a spiritual force that can make negative things happen, eg lose our job. "For the thing I greatly feared has come upon me, and what I dreaded has happened to me." (Job 3:25)
GREAT FEAR CAN BRING SOMETHING TO PASS
Fear is a force God hates.
Example at Constantinople – Cholera – 125 people died but only 5 from cholera.
Remainder died from fear of cholera.
– Worry is interest paid on trouble before it is due.
FEAR AND WORRY ARE A SIN
"Whatever is not of faith is sin." (Romans 14:23)
Jesus spoke of worry. He said six times, "Do not worry." (Matthew 6:25-34).
FIRST EVIL FORCE TO GRIP ADAM AFTER THE FALL WAS FEAR
It is ingrained in all creation. "So he said, 'I heard Your voice in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; and I hid myself.'" (Genesis 3:10) Adam fell from fellowship with God.
WE CAN'T AVOID TESTS
"These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." (John 16:33) "The wicked flee when no one pursues, But the righteous are bold as a lion." (Proverbs 28:1)
EMMERSON SAID "Fear always springs from ignorance." Get hold of the best advisers, get good counsel. Don't try and handle it yourself.
EXAMPLE OF JIM JONES
Jenni Mills in her book "Six Years with God" tells how Jones said in 1975 there was cyanide in the wine – 45 minutes to live – girl ran out of place – shot. 45 minutes later Jones said no cyanide with wine and the girl had only been shot with a blank, but he controlled them by fear. This was four years before he killed all in Guyana in 1979 but shows the control of fear.
SOME SAY THEY HAVE LEARNED TO LIVE WITH IT but look at Revelation 21:8.
SATAN USES FEAR TO DESTROY MIND AND BODY
Fear destroys, faith creates. "God's Word is health to all our flesh" (Proverbs 3:8)
Dr Charles Mayo said, "I have never known anyone who died of overwork, but I have known many who died from fear, anxiety, worry."
"Those who live in worry invite death in a hurry."
TIREDNESS AND OVERWORK
provide an entry point to worry and fear. Dale Carnegie says, "Our fatigue is not caused by work but by worry, frustration, resentment."
FEAR TEARS DOWN THE GODLY HEDGE OF PROTECTION
FEAR CAUSES OVEREATING, ANXIETY, STRESS
EXAMPLE OF IMAGINATION:
Doctor: Chisel – long knife – hammer – hacksaw.
Husband beside himself when doctor called for these instruments when attending to man's wife. Doctor was only trying to open his briefcase
FEAR BRINGS TORMENT
THE DEVIL LOVES TO OPERATE THROUGH FEAR because it gives him an open door to attack and destroy a person.
ENTRY POINTS OF FEAR
(1) Trauma or shock
(a) Example of lady whose father died when he was 42 – the Lord gave vision of a chasm, her falling in as bridge broke and trying to get out. (b) Watching people die – eg from cancer. (c) Looking into an open coffin (effect on child). (d) Sometimes adoption causes fear to enter. (e) Accidents.
(2) Sin (of ourselves or ancestors) – Past involvement in the occult. Also prenatal shock.
(3) The touching of dead bodies Old Testament example.
(4) Rejection – Children stuttering because of teacher's discipline.
(5) Environment Marital breakups, ie homes – effect on children.
(6) Spirit of Jezebel (especially note spirit of a little child, ie terror). Spirit of Antichrist Spirit of Death and Hell – note particularly Psalm 18:4&5.
(7) Failing to bring all thoughts into captivity to Jesus Christ (2 Corinthians 10:4&5)
(8) Failing to trust God completely ie not having Jesus at all times as Lord and Saviour of every part of our lives.
(9) Religious spirits – manipulation.
(10) Not trusting in the Word of God
(11) Not knowing the fullness of God's love in our lives, eg failing to honour our parents and let go of their sins and the sins of our ancestors.
(12) Viewing some types of television , movies, books, music, games eg dungeons and dragons (especially for children).
(13) Hearing the wrong things Jesus said, "Take heed how you hear." (Luke 8:18)
(14) Covetousness is a primary entry point for fear. As we covet material things, we allow ourselves to be brought into bondage and debt (Proverbs 22:7). We are told that our conduct should be without covetousness and we should be content with such things as we have. Then we can boldly say, "The Lord is my helper, I will not fear what man can do to me." (Hebrews 13:6)
(15) Tiredness , overwork and stress.
(17) Separation from God. (Isaiah 59:1-2)
1. Be sure that you are born again ie that Jesus Christ is your Lord and Saviour, that you have totally surrendered to Him and confessed with your mouth and believed in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead. (Romans 10:9)
2. Be sure that you have undergone the waters of baptism. (Romans 6:4)
3. Be sure you have been baptised with the Holy Spirit and received the gift of tongues (Acts 2:1-4)
4. David and Goliath The son of Jesse Hears of Goliath There was great fear in Israel David knew the threats were empty They were measuring themselves against Goliath
But David was measuring Goliath against God
All things are possible with God Circumstances no problem to God "Then David said to the Philistine, "You come to me with a sword, with a spear, and with a javelin. But I come to you in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied." (1 Samuel 17:45) "Then all this assembly shall know that the LORD does not save with sword and spear; for the battle is the LORD'S, and He will give you into our hands." (1 Samuel 17:47)
5. Remind God of what He has done in the past for you
Remind oneself of the things God has done in the past
When attacked remind oneself of the things God has done in the past. This is what David did, he reminded himself of how he had defeated the lion. "Now David was greatly distressed, for the people spoke of stoning him, because the soul of all the people was grieved, every man for his sons and his daughters. But David strengthened himself in the LORD his God." (Isaiah 30:6) "No weapon formed against you shall prosper, And every tongue which rises against you in judgment You shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, And their righteousness is from Me," Says the LORD." (Isaiah 54:17)
Example: Miss C. Leppingwell – Boxers were ready to cut her head off. She looked up and smiled. "You cannot die you are immortal" they said and they ran away. If she had shown fear she would have died.
6. Recognise it as sin "But he who doubts is condemned if he eats, because he does not eat from faith; for whatever is not from faith is sin." (Romans 14:23) Deal with sin in our lives, renounce the sin.
7. Repent and confess the sin of fear and any other sin in our life "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind." (2 Timothy 1:7)
8. Honour our parents , forgive them and renounce their sins and the sins of our ancestors to receive deliverance from the curse of the law (Galatians 3:13)
9. Recognise the spiritual battle "For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places." (Ephesians 6:12)
10. Put on the whole armour of God "For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth , having put on the breastplate of righteousness , and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace ; above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. And take the helmet of salvation , and the sword of the Spirit , which is the word of God;
praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints–" (Ephesians 6:12-18)
11. Prayer and fasting (Isaiah 58:7-11)
12. Meditate on the Word (2 Corinthians 10:4&5) Control your thought life.
13. Renounce all covetousness and be content with such things as you have. Then the Lord will be our helper. (Hebrews 13:5&6)
15. Faith works by love (Galatians 5:6) (a) Helping others (Proverbs 16:3) (b) "There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love." (1 John 4:18)
16. Remember Philippians 4:6-8 "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy–meditate on these things." (Philippians 4:6-8)
17. Call on the name of the Lord (Romans 10:13; Psalm 34:4-7; Psalm 34:15&17; Psalm 18:1-6) Examples of deliverance. 18. Remember: (a) Jesus as intercessor (Romans 8:34)
(b) Jesus as mediator (1 Timothy 2:5) 19. Recall the trauma or event (if any) which caused the original entry point of the fear and allow God's healing love to deal with that situation and to heal one's memories. If any forgiveness is needed on your part, make sure you have forgiven the person concerned and pray for a blessing on them .
20. Read aloud Psalm 18:1-6 believing it in your heart .
21. Cry out to God and if you feel anything within you, then expel it either by coughing or breathing it out.
22. Stand firm in your belief that you have been delivered. If anything has been oppressing you, command it to go in the name of Jesus Christ.
23. If the fear seeks to return in any form, call out to Jesus Christ as your intercessor and mediator before the throne of God. Go through such of the above steps again as the Holy Spirit would guide you and as you continue to do this and centre your life on Jesus Christ in every area, your deliverance from fear will remain.
24. Always be prepared and discern any further attacks of fear which may be originating from the enemy.
Be ready to deal with them as set out above. 25. Every day thank and praise God for His mercies and for His love. Read your Bible daily and pray daily
. 26. Make the following confession :
(a) That Jesus Christ is our Lord and Saviour.
(b) Renounce the works of Satan.
(c) That Jesus Christ died on the Cross to deliver us from sin, that our sins may be forgiven and that we might have right standing with God.
(d) Bind the spirit of fear in the name of Jesus Christ and command it to leave.
(e) Confess that God is our father and not Satan.
(f) Confess the following:
Ephesians 1:7 THROUGH THE BLOOD OF JESUS I AM REDEEMED OUT OF THE HAND OF THE DEVIL, THROUGH THE BLOOD OF JESUS ALL MY SINS ARE FORGIVEN.
1 John 1:7 THE BLOOD OF JESUS CHRIST, GOD'S SON IS CLEANSING ME NOW AND CONTINUALLY FROM ALL SIN.
Romans 5:9 THROUGH THE BLOOD OF JESUS I AM JUSTIFIED, MADE RIGHTEOUS, JUST AS THOUGH I HAD NEVER SINNED.
MY BODY IS THE TEMPLE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT.
"Dear Heavenly Father, I come to You in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. I confess that Jesus Christ is my Lord and Saviour, that He has risen from the dead and that He is seated at the right hand of God. "I now turn from all sin and confess the following sins ………. I renounce all the works of Satan. I believe that Jesus Christ died on the Cross to deliver me from sin and that my sins have been forgiven. I believe that through the name of Jesus Christ I have authority to stand against all fear. I now deliberately bring every thought into captivity to Jesus Christ. I make a decision to bring my thought life into accordance with the Word of God. In the authority that is in the name of Jesus Christ, I bind every spirit of fear that attacks me or my family and I command it to leave now in the name of the Risen Jesus Christ. I confess that God is my father and that Satan is not my father. I confess that through the blood of Jesus Christ I have been redeemed out of the hand of the devil. Through the blood of Jesus Christ all my sins are forgiven and that the blood of Jesus Christ, God's Son is cleansing me now and continually from all sin. I believe I have been justified, made righteous, through the blood of Jesus Christ, just as though I had never sinned and, further, that I am sanctified and made holy and set apart to God through the blood of Jesus Christ. I deliberately now forgive any person who has hurt me and as I consider any situation in which the attack of fear may have begun in my life, I now ask for God's healing love to deal with that situation and to heal my memories. I call out to You, Lord God, to help me in the name of Jesus Christ. I thank You Lord for helping me and for delivering me and my household from the spirit of fear through the name of the Risen Jesus Christ. Thank You Lord. Praise Your name. Amen."
Acknowledgement is given in the preparation of these notes to the tape called
"Fear, the Killer Force"
by Pastor Gary Greenwald of Eagle's Nest Christian Fellowship, Santa Ana, California.
ADDITIONAL TEACHING AND EVANGELISTIC
How to Overcome Fear
How to Cast out Demons and Break Curses
How to be Born Again
How to Receive the Baptism with the Holy Spirit
How to Know the Anointing of God
Receiving the Gifts of the Holy Spirit But I Don't Believe in Miracles Ministering in the Power of the Holy Spirit
VHS VIDEOS AND AUDIO CASSETTES:
Crusade Miracles (Video only) (25 mins) The Bill Subritzky Story (55 mins) How to be an Overcomer (55 mins) Who is This Jesus? (55 mins) Sons of the Kingdom (55 mins) Fear or Faith? (55 mins) The Fatal Choice (55 mins) The Living God (55 mins) Receiving God's Peace (45 mins) Overcoming Fear
(54 mins) The Living Water (55 mins) Binding the Strong Men (55 mins) Finding the Doorway to God (49 mins)
Healed! (47 mins) Receiving the Gifts of the Holy Spirit (4 hours) Deliverance from Demons (1991 version) (5 hours) Ministering in the Power (plus Manual) (5 hours) Christian Women Today Seminar (3.5 hours) For an updated catalogue and price list, please write to:
DOVE MINISTRIES P.O. Box 48-036 Blockhouse Bay, Auckland 7, New Zealand or
Family Reading, 1 College Street, Ballarat, Vic. 3355
UK: New Wine, PO Box 17, Chichester, West Sussex, PO20 6YB
USA: Grace Distributors Inc. PO Box 39206, Denver, CO 86239-0206