Satan will try to get me away from being filled with the Spirit, by offering in my mind temptations which appeal to the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes or the pride of life.
What should I do when I am aware of temptations?
1. Look to Jesus Christ. Try to force the mind off the temptation by looking to the Lord and His Word.
2. Immediately seek to be filled with the Holy Spirit.
3. Endeavour, if possible, to flee temptation.
4. Pray for the Lord not to lead me into temptation.
5. Use spiritual weapons where possible – speak the Word, praise God etc.
6. Remember that sin always costs more than it gives.
7. Confess any unconfessed sin in the area of temptation.
8. Submit to God, resist the devil and he will flee from me.
9. If temptation persists a long time, seek deliverance through knowledge of cause.