Here are some of the questions which Lee B. Baker, a former mormon bishop, asked the leader of the mormon church. He didn’t get an answer though he sincerely desired a resolution which would enable him to stay within the Mormon church. Here then are his questions, in summary form:
1. Did Joseph Smith Jr. follow the Laws of the Gospel governing the plurality of wives as recorded in Mormon Scriptures, specifically the 1876 publication of the Doctrines and Covenants (canonized Scripture) of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 132:61-64?
2. Why did the 1835 to 1876 publication of the Doctrine and Covenants (canonized Scripture of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints teach extremely harsh opposition to the practice of polygamy during the very height of the actual practice by Joseph Smith Jr. and so many others?
3. Were the actions of the Prophet Joseph Smith Jr., specific to the practice and teachings of polyandry (taking another man’s wife), really under the solemn direction and commandment of the Lord Jesus Christ Himself, or were they simply the acts of a self-centred man?
4. How is the general membership of the church or the public at large to decide what “officially” recorded and published teachings of the Prophets and General Authorities is or is not to be considered Scripture? How is it that the Book of Mormon teachings of Alma, Lehi, Nephi, Mormon and King Benjami are unquestionably Scripture but the official teachings of the modern day prophets like Joseph Smith Junior, Brigham Young, John Taylor, Spencer W. Kimball, or Thomas S. Monson are at times not Scripture?
5. Did Brigham Young alone initiate the restriction against blacks holding the Mormon priesthood based on his personal prejudice was a legitimate commandment from the Lord Jesus Christ, which the Prophet Joseph Smith Junior preferred neither defined nor to record?
6. In view of the overwhelming and clear requirement for all members of the Mormon faith to avoid in the association with pornography, how can an area authority, Elder (insert major 5 star hotel chain name here), of the Church of Jesus Christ of latter-day Saints, who sits in judgment of moral and ethical church disciplinary actions, profit significantly from the sale of pornography within his hotels and resorts in yet still be allowed to continue to hold the Mormon priesthood and represent the church in the senior leadership position and, presumably, the Lord Jesus Christ Himself?
6. With a 75 year history of active opposition to the laws of the United States of America, how is the current latter-day Saint to reconcile the history of the church in relationship to the article faith as Scripture, written in 1843 “We believe in being subject to the kings, presidents, rulers, and magistrates, in obeying, honoring, and sustaining the law.” and Doctrine and covenants 58:21 “Let no man break the laws of the land for he that keepeth the laws on God has no need to break the laws of the land” as Scripture written by Joseph Smith in 1831?
7. If it were not true as Scripture, then why within the official General conferences of the church of Jesus Christ of latter-day Saints would Mormon prophets teach that:
- Jesus Christ had many wives during his mission here on earth that by then he had several children
- Some of the sins of men are not covered by the atonement of Christ and of such brothers and sisters in the church could have their throats slit from year to year
- Without question, there are many living inhabitants on both the Moon and the Sun.
- The black race is on this earth to better represent the will of Satan.
These questions, which were asked by former Mormon bishop Lee B. Baker were never answered. In fact, Mr Baker was excommunicated from the church basically for persisting in ASKING these questions.
Dear friend, are you willing to bet your eternal soul that the doctrines of mormonism are really from God when no mormon leaders are actually willing to address these questions?