The Resurrection of Christ is the central message of the Gospel. It is also the message of hope. There are over 100 references to the resurrection in the New Testament.
The Significance of Christ’s Resurrection
1. The preaching is based on it. “If Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless. . .” 1 Cor. 15:14.
2. Our faith is based on it. “If Christ has not been raised. . .useless and so is your faith.” 1 Cor. 15:14.
3. Forgiveness of sins is based on it. “If Christ has not been raised.
. .you are still in your sins.” 1 Cor. 15:17.
4. Our salvation is based on it. “If Christ has not been raised. . .then those also who have fallen asleep. . .are lost.” 1 Cor. 15:17:18
5. Our hope is based on it.” lf only for this life we have hope in
Christ, we are to be pitied more than all men.” 1 Cor. 15:19
6. Our testimony is based on it. “With great power the, apostles continued to testify to the resurrection. . .” Acts 4:33.
7. The prophecies are based on it. “This is what is written, Christ. . . will rise from the dead on the third day.” Lk. 24:46
Witnesses of Christ’s Resurrection
1. The witness of the Scripture. “That he raised according to the
Scriptures.” 1 Cor. 15:4.
2. The witness of the apostles. “With great power the apostles’
continued to testify to the resurrection of the Lord.” Acts 4:33
3. The witness of Paul. “And last of all he appeared to me also, as to one abnormally born.” 1 Cor. 15:8
4. The witness from unbelievers denial. “How can some of you say that there is no resurrection of the dead?” 1 Cor. 15:12
5. The witness from superstitions. “If the dead are not raised at all, why are people baptized for them?” 1 Cor. 15:29
6. The witness from nature. “What you sow does not come to life unless it dies. . .but just a seed perhaps of wheat. . . .”
1 Cor. 15:36, 37
7. The witness of the empty tomb. “Then Simon peter arrived and went into the tomb. He saw the strips of linen. . . .” Jn. 20:6
8. The witness of the angels. “Why do you look for living among the dead? He is not here; he has risen.” Lk. 24:5–6
9. The witness of doubting Thomas. Thomas said. . .“My Lord and my God!” Then Jesus told, you have seen me. . . .” Jn. 20:28–29
10.The witness of Jesus himself. Jesus answered them, “Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days.” Jn. 2:19
The Results of Christ’s Resurrection
1. The teaching of Christ were conﬁrmed. “He has risen, just as He said.” Mt. 28:6
2. Those who believed were justiﬁed. “Raised. . .for justiﬁcation.” Rom. 4:25
3. Christ is interceding for us. “Raised. . .and interceding.” Rom. 8:34
4. Christ became the ruler of all things. “Raised. . .for above all rule. . . .” Eph. 1:20–21
5. Resurrection of believers made aossible, “Raised. . .will also raise us.” 2 Cor. 4:14
6. The resurrection power made available “I want to know. . .power of. . . .” Phil. 3:10
7. The Judgment of God is proved. “He has given proof of this. . . .” Acts.17:31
8. The hope of resurrection conﬁrmed. “My hope in the resurrection
. . .” Act. 23:6.
9. The inheritance for saints reserved. “An inheritance. . .for you.”
1 Pet. 1:4
10.Conquered death and hades. “I hold. . .of death and Hades.” Rev. 1:18
Messages of the Resurrected Christ
1. Message of consolation. “Woman,” he said “why are you crying?. . .
2. Message Of Spiritual Authority. “All. has been given to Me.” Mt. 28:18
3. Message Of Great Commission. “Go into all the world and preach. . .” Mk. 16;15.
4. Message of Salvation. “Whoever believes. . .will be saved.” Mk. 16:16
5. Message of supernatural signs. “These signs will accompany those who believe.” Mk. 16:17
6. Message of baptism of the Holy Spirit. “You will be baptized with the Holy Spirit” Acts 1:5.
7. Message of the forgiveness of sins. “If you forgive. . .they are forgiven.” Jn. 20:23
8. Message of faith. “Blessed are those. . .not seen and yet have believed.” Jn. 20:29
9. Message of love. “Do you truly love me more than these?” Jn. 2 :15
10.Message of his presence. “Surely I am with you always. . .end of the age.” Mt. 28:20
Billy Graham was once invited to have coﬀee with the chancellor of Germany. Billy thought that the chancellor may not be interested in religion. After the greeting, the chancellor turned to Billy and said, “Mr. Graham, what is the most important thing in the world?” Before Billy could answer, he had answered his own question, “The resurrection of Jesus Christ. . . .” Yes, this is our greatest and blessed hope!