By David Crissman
- Find a Christ-Centered Church – Attend Church/Fellowship regularly/Praise God always – continually
- Be Baptized in Water (Acts 2:38; Matthew 3:13-17)
- Receive Baptism in the Holy Spirit – Begin praying in the Spirit – Worship and Pray (Jude v.20; 1 Corinthians 14:4; John 4:23-24)
- Grow in Wisdom & Grace – Learn/Experience/Exhibit the nine gifts and nine fruits of the spirit (1 Corinthians 12:4-11; Gal. 5:22-23)
- Learn the Wisdom of Surrendering – Obedience to things like tithing, fasting, serving, repentance, forgiveness
- Become the Gift that God is Shaping You to Become – delivering your spiritual gifts as the Holy Spirit directs.
- Participate in Christ’s Mission & Purpose – Jesus gave us a Great Commission which the Holy Spirit will help us to carry out! (Matt 28:16-20; Mark 16:15-18; Luke 24:44-49; John 20:19-23)
- Discover Your Authority – Begin using the authority Jesus gave His believers over Satan! (Matthew 10:1; Matthew 10:8; Luke 10:19,20; Mark 16:17-18; Ephesians 6:10-18; 2 Corinthians 10:3-5)
- Be Open to the Refilling Presence of the Holy Spirit- (Ephesians 5:18). The verb tense of the Greek [be filled] means continually being filled, ongoingly – being baptized in the Holy Spirit is not a one-time event. How? Answer – We ask Jesus to refill us; worship God; worship in the Spirit; pray & sing in spiritual language; read scripture; fellowship with other believers. (John 4:23-24 – note scripture says we “must worship in spirit and truth”).