Here are some of the common results of occult involvement and/or failure to honor one’s parents, as compiled by Bill Subritzky of Dove Ministries
No desire for prayer and Bible study.
Inner resistance to the Word of God.
No word of prayer coming to one’s lips.
Visions of white ghostly forms etc.
Struggles at the time of death.
Extra sensory powers.
Blasphemous thoughts against God and Christ.
Abnormal sexual degeneration.
Visions of people in past generations.
Emotional torpor -melancholic states -inability to make decisions.
Lack of appetite.
Feelings of anxiety.
Gripping feeling about the throat.
Inability to pray.
Moods of depression. (It has been reported that 60% of all mental disorders originate from fortune-telling or divination.)
Bad dreams with visions in the dreams.
Feeling of a physical proximity of an evil power –
difficulty in making decision for Christ -lapsing back into the former way of life.
Immediate appearance of mental disturbances and troubles upon decision to turn to Christ.
Dread in making decisions.
Sense of loss of freedom.
Voices which you cannot get rid of no matter how much you fight.
Fits of rage.
Disgust towards God’s Word.
Blasphemous thoughts towards God and Christ.
Delusions of persecutions.
Compulsive acts and thoughts.
Extreme emotional life such as violent temper, explosive irritability, extreme sensibility and increased sexuality.
(1) Be born again;
(2) Baptised with Holy Spirit;
(3) Read Bible;
(4) Prayer and fasting;
(6) Intercession by other Christians;
(7) Laying on of hands.
CURSES FROM THE BIBLE AS A RESULT OF:
1. Failure to honour our parents and/ or
2. Involvement in the occult and other sin.
Deuteronomy 28, verses 15-68.
Curses are as follows:
1. You will be cursed in the city and country.
2. You will be cursed in your basket and your kneading bowl.
3. The fruit of your body and produce of your land, the increase of your cattle and the offspring of your flocks.
4. You will have cursing, confusion, rebuke in all you set your hand to do until you are destroyed and perish.
5. The plague will cling to you until God has consumed you from the land.
6. Cursed when you come in and cursed when you go out.
7. Consumption, fever, inflammation, severe burning fever. The Lord will strike you with the sword, with scorching, with mildew until you perish.
8. Heaven over your head will be brass and the earth shall be iron. There will be drought.
9. The Lord will change the rain of your land to powder and dust.
10. You will be defeated by your enemies. You will go out one way against them and flee seven ways.
11. Your carcasses shall be food for all the birds of the air and beasts of the earth..
12. You will be smitten with the boils of Egypt, the tumours, the scab, the itch from which you cannot be healed.
13. The Lord will strike you with madness, blindness, and confusion of heart (nervous breakdown).
14. You shall grope at noonday like a blind man gropes in darkness, you shall not prosper, you shall be only oppressed and plundered continually and no-one shall save
15. Another man shall lie with your wife.
16. You shall build a house and not live in it.
17. You shall plant a vineyard and not gather the grapes.
18 Your ox shall be slain before your eyes, your donkey taken away and your sheep given to your enemies.
19. Your sons and daughters shall be given to another people.
20. The fruit of your land and your labours shall be given to another nation. You shall be only oppressed and crushed continually.
21. You shall be driven mad because of the sights your eyes see.
22. The Lord will strike you in the knees and on the legs with severe boils which cannot be healed and from the sole of your foot to the top of your head.
23. You and your nation shall serve other gods of wood and stone.
24. You will become an astonishment, a proverb and a byword among all the nations where the Lord will drive you.
25. You shall plant seeds but get very little. The locusts shall consume it.
26. You shall plant vineyards and tend them, but neither drink the wine nor gather the grapes for the worm shall eat them.
27. You shall have olive trees throughout your territory, but shall not anoint yourself with the oil for the olives will drop off.
28. You shall not enjoy your sons and daughters, they shall go into captivity.
29. All your trees and the produce of your land, the locusts shall consume.
30. The alien among you shall rise higher and higher above you and you shall come lower and lower.
31. He shall lend to you and you shall not lend to him. He shall be the head and you shall be the tail.
32. All these curses will come on you and pursue you and overtake you until you are destroyed.
33. They shall be upon you for a sign and a wonder and on your descendants forever.
34. You shall serve your enemies whom the Lord will send you, in hunger, in thirst, in nakedness and in need of all things. And God will put a yoke of iron on your neck until
He has destroyed you.
35. He shall bring a nation from afar against you, from the end of the earth.
36. This nation will be of fierce countenance and will not respect the elderly nor show favour to the young.
37. He shall eat the increase of your livestock and the produce of your land until you are destroyed. They shall not leave you grain or new wine or oil or the increase of your cattle
or the offspring of your flocks until they have destroyed you.
38. They shall besiege you at all your gates until your high walls fall down.
39. You shall eat the fruit of your own body, the flesh of your sons and daughters in the siege and desperate straits in which your enemy shall distress you.
40. Even sensitive and refined men will be hostile towards their brothers, their wives and the rest of their children. They will not give their brothers, wives or children the flesh of
their children whom they will eat.
41. The tender and delicate woman will refuse her husband, her son and her daughter.
42. She will eat her own placenta.
43. The Lord will bring upon you and your descendants extraordinary plagues -great and prolonged plagues -and serious and prolonged sicknesses.
44. All the diseases of Egypt shall come upon you.
45. Every sickness, every plague which is not written in the Book of the Law shall come upon you.
46. You shall be few in number.
47. The Lord shall rejoice over you to bring you to nothing and to destroy you and you shall be plucked off the land.
48. The Lord will scatter you among all people, from one end of the earth to the other and there you shall serve other gods which neither you or your fathers have known.
49. Among these nations you shall find no rest, neither shall the soul of your foot rest. The Lord will give you a trembling heart, failing eyes and anguish of doubt.
50. Your life shall hang in doubt before you and you shall fear day and night.
51. In the morning you shall say, “O that it were evening,” and evening you shall say, “O that it were morning,” because of the fear that terrifies your heart and because of the sight
which your eyes see.
52 The Lord will take you back to Egypt in ships. You will be offered for sale to your enemies as male and female slaves but no-one will buy you.
CURSES Deuteronomy 28: 15-68
It is clear from this chapter that if we obey the commandments of God (the Ten Commandments -Exodus 20: 1-17) we will be blessed. If we disobey them, then we come
under the curses of God. In this chapter there are 118 curses referred to including great and prolonged sicknesses, madness, blindness, and confusion of heart (mental
breakdown). They are set out below.
Of course we are not saved by obeying the law but through the Cross of Jesus Christ, repenting and believing in Jesus Christ as our Lord and Saviour and obeying His
When we do this we are delivered from the curses of the law.
One of the commandments of the law is to honour our parents that our days may be long and we may live long on the earth. (Exodus 20: 12)
Another commandment is that we are not to make for ourselves any carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in
the water under the earth; nor are we to bow down to them nor serve them. For the LORD is a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth
generations of those who hate Him. (Exodus 20: 4-5)
Many of us have had parents or ancestors who have been involved in the occult. Sometimes we ourselves have been involved and accordingly these curses can come upon
us unless we repent.
In Galatians 3: 13 we are told that at the Cross we have been delivered from the curses of the law and in Galatians 3: 14 we are told that we come into the blessing of Abraham
whom God blessed in all things.
“Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree”), that the blessing of Abraham might
come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.”
We strongly recommend that you examine your feelings towards your parents (alive or dead) and if there is any unforgiveness or failure to honour them you should immediately
repent, acknowledge Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour and renounce the sins of your parents and ancestors in the name of Jesus Christ. You will then be delivered from the
curses of the law and this deliverance will remain as you stay obedient to God.
Even if your father has done terrible things to you, with the help of the Holy Spirit you can forgive him. If you do not forgive him, then you will still remain under the curses of
the law. Jesus Christ has given us the power to forgive through the help of the Holy Spirit. (John 20: 21)
“So Jesus said to them again, “Peace to you! As the Father has sent Me, I also send you.” And when He had said this, He breathed on them, and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained.”
We find that many people who have been adopted at birth have major difficulties as they grow older because they have never honoured their natural mother and father and
renounced their sins.
In all cases we recommend the following prayer, said with a believing heart.
“Dear Heavenly Father, I come to You in the mighty name of Jesus Christ. I honour my mother and father. I absolutely forgive them for any hurts real or imagined. I now
renounce their sins and the sins of my ancestors in the name of Jesus Christ and I believe I am delivered from the curse of the law through the Cross of Jesus Christ. Thank You
Father, in Jesus’ name. Amen.”
If this prayer is said with utter sincerity and belief in every way, then this will cut the cords of the past and the curse will be reversed and healing will flow.
For prayers on renouncing freemasonry, see HERE.