- As part of her Coronation Oath, the current Queen of England (and Queen of Australia, New Zealand and Canada) swore the following in response to this question:
- Archbishop: Will you to the utmost of your power maintain the Laws of God and the true profession of the Gospel? Will you to the utmost of your power maintain in the United Kingdom the Protestant Reformed Religion established by law?
Will you maintain and preserve inviolably the settlement of the Church
of England, and the doctrine, worship, discipline, and government
thereof, as by law established in England? And will you preserve unto
the Bishops and Clergy of England, and to the Churches there committed
to their charge, all such rights and privileges, as by law do or shall
appertain to them or any of them
- Queen: All this I promise to do.
- Ok, then. How does the signing off on muslim Sharia law fit into this? How does the passing of laws in Australian states promoting the homosexual agenda, or limiting the free speech of Christians, fit into this promise the Queen made?
- Has the Queen of England been derelict in her duty to defend the gospel?