This post is for you if you believe that “the gospel is the power of God for salvation of everyone who believes” (Romans 1:16) and that “faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God” (Romans 10:17).
If you are not a believer, I would ask you to have a look at something else on this site. This is something I really only want to share with Christians. I say this because I really care about people who are not in Christ, who don’t know Jesus personally at all. I want to help Christians to help YOU and others like you to escape the horrifying eternal judgments that are just around the corner. They are coming on everyone who despises the Word of God, which includes many Christians sadly. So please, rather, take a look at some of the great works of the Lord, come back to this page another time.
If you are a born again Christian I know you say you believe the passages I quote about the gospel bringing SALVATION to people, but if you are anything like the average born again Christian, your use of money proves that you don’t. Either that or you don’t have any love for the lost, which means you are totally out of touch with the heart of Jesus.
You can see by looking at http://www.gordonconwell.edu/ockenga/globalchristianity/IBMR2006.pdf
that the personal income of church members in 2006 was around 15930 BILLION dollars.
Its not like the church doesn’t have any money.
Of this 15930 BILLION dollars, about 140 billion was given to local churches. 21 billion was spent on world missions. Ecclesiastical crime came in at 22 billion US dollars. That’s right. More money was stolen by trusted church officers in 2006 than was given to foreign missions. Apparently only about 5% of them get caught.
Based on this, I call upon Christians everywhere to:
1. Give a lot more to foreign missions. Don’t just give your money, it might be wasted. Give a part of your life. Give your time. Be informed. Go yourself. Find out what are the EFFICIENT strategies that God is blessing that actually result in permanently changed lives through Jesus Christ.
2. Personally make sure that the money you give is not being wasted. Ask yourself just how effective your giving is in facilitating the MAJOR TASK that Christ left us with on earth – that is – bringing people to Christ and helping them STAY IN CHRIST.
3. Be aware that the two greatest and most effective ways of fulfilling the Great Commission today are a. sponsoring church planters or becoming one, b. using mass media to spread testimonies and preaching IN LOCAL LANGUAGES. All the luxuries we give for in the church are mostly helping us to be soft.
4. If you are into wealth generation, make sure that you don’t put off your giving until NEXT year. Do something NOW. Don’t try to invest and multiply it all forever until God gets sick of it and brings you to nothing. Try to remember those in prison, in hunger, thirst and nakedness while you buy yourself the latest luxuries. You can have luxuries, often they pay off really well in saving time and so on, but just try to remember these people also.
If I had just US$200,000 I could start a 24 hour TV channel in Hyderabad, India, with the potential to reach 5 million people in their homes for one year. I know from PERSONAL experience. Opportunities like that are all over India right now. No doubt similar opportunities exist in many other nations. Significant things can be done with far less money. Yet it hasn’t happened. Is that because out of the 15 TRILLION dollars of church income per year, God can’t find that amount? Or is it because WE, THE PEOPLE WHO PROFESS TO BELONG TO GOD, do NOT LISTEN, do NOT OBEY and DO NOT CARE about God’s priorities.
I tell you what I have found. Most pastors and ministers don’t give a hoot about any soul-winning initiative that will not reach THEIR target audience, and swell the ranks of THEIR CONGREGATIONS, increasing THEIR OFFERINGS and THEIR PRESTIGE. “For they all seek after their own interests, not those of Christ Jesus” (Philippians 2:21). This statement is pretty true both in developing and developed nations. That is why we as ministers of the gospel haven’t blanketed the world with powerful testimonies of God’s love and power as much as we’ve begged people to send us money to fund our extravagant lifestyles so we can “prove” that we have the blessing of God.
DOES OUR USE OF MONEY PROVE THAT WE DON’T CARE ABOUT OTHERS? DOES IT PROVE THAT WE DON’T BELIEVE THE GOSPEL? IF NOT, WHY NOT?
DO WE BELIEVE THAT THE WORD OF OUR TESTIMONY HAS ANY POWER? IF IT DOESN’T, ARE WE EVEN SAVED? IF IT DOES, WHY DON’T WE SHARE IT TO AS MANY AS POSSIBLE USING MASS MEDIA? ARE WE ASHAMED OF JESUS? ARE WE AFRAID OF MEN? Better to be afraid of God. He has the power to cast disobedient servants into hell.
“What I tell you in the darkness, speak in the light; and what you hear whispered in the ear, PROCLAIM ON THE HOUSETOPS [satellite TV?]. Don’t be afraid of those who kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul. Rather, fear him who is able to destroy both soul and body in Gehenna. Matthew 10:27,28
If you think I am saying these things so that you will give me money, think again. I am about to go and do a few months of well paid secular work again in the I.T. industry and in the real estate industry. I don’t mind secular work. It is a lot easier sometimes than certain aspects of being a missionary. Work is a gift from God and I enjoy it. If you think I say these things so that you will give me money, I tell you what: Write me, and I will tell you how YOU can do the things that will reach millions of souls. You go do them, and I will be satisfied. Don’t tell anyone that I told you anything. I don’t want any credit for it. I just want people to be saved.
According to the findings at this website of the World Evangelization Research Center:
- Christians spend more on the annual audits of their churches and agencies ($810 million) than on all their workers in the non-Christian world. [It costs us more to check on how money is used than what we spend on workers in the non-Christian world. Even so, 16-22 billion dollars of money given to the Christian agencies is stolen by trusted officers.]
- The total cost of Christian outreach averages $330,000 for each and every newly baptized person. [This shows that most of the money we do spend is not spent effectively on doing the task Jesus gave us].
- Despite Christ’s command to evangelize, 67% of all humans from AD 30 to the present day have never even heard of his name.
- Everywhere on Earth can now easily be targeted with at least 3 of the 45 varieties of effective evangelism.
- Christian communicators ignore the huge potential of the globe’s 983 lingua francas each with over 100,000 non-native speakers,or the 2,179 each over 100,000 total speakers.
Folks this last one is particularly significant. Why are we sending our money to people who preach the gospel in English to people who cannot understand English? If we really want to reach the world, we need to help the people who are BEST QUALIFIED to reach their own kind. They may not be big names, they may not be believing God for their own private jets, but they are extremely effective in doing God’s work. We need to get THESE people on TV and radio in the local languages so that they can bring the saving gospel to entire communities.
Your comments and feedback on this are especially welcome.