Bill Subritzy is a noted evangelist who has not only demonstrated the gifts of the Holy Spirit and helped many people come to a saving knowledge of Christ, but has also been a man who communicates the fear of the Lord and teaches people the vital importance of repentance and holy living before the Lord. Here are his notes on deliverance.
These notes may be reproduced except for commercial purposes
(To be used together with pamphlet "How to Break Curses")
1. OUR BODY IS INTENDED TO BE THE TEMPLE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT
Plan of Satan to defile temple, eg sexual intercourse outside of marriage, perverted sex, smoking addiction, alcohol addiction.
My first deliverance – spirit of abortion cast out of Christian.
Man aged 40 years curled up like foetus and screamed. Mother had tried to abort him when he was in the womb.
Radio reporter had similar vision of angels around our home. Study became like a zoo.
2. SATAN SEEKS TO INVADE THE BODY OF THE BELIEVER AND THE UNBELIEVER
(1) Can a Christian have a demon?
(a) Nothing in original Greek to justify putting the word "possessed" alongside the word "demons". The correct translation is to have an unclean, evil spirit. (Matthew 11:18)
(b) A Christian cannot be possessed by demons but can be under the influence of or have an evil spirit. Ananias and Sapphira. (Acts 5:3)
I prayed for a pentecostal pastor of 20 years experience who had breathing problems. He manifested demons before he was healed.
(3) Satan has descending orders of authority in the heavens. (Ephesians 6:12)
3. JESUS HAS SPOILED SATAN'S AUTHORITY (Colossians 2:15)
Eg Allied invasion of Europe 1944. Also note Daniel 10:13. (cf Singapore Cathedral, Vanuatu, Suva Cathedral)
4. THE STRONG MEN (Matthew 12:29)
(1) Spirit of Jezebel which works with the spirit of Ahab in men. (1 Kings 16:29-33)
Isaiah 47 – Senility (verse 6), drug abuse (verse 9), occult worship and witchcraft (verse 9), illicit sexual sins (verse 8), terror (verse 12 – NIV version), astrology (verse 13), Queen of kingdoms (Revelation 17:1-6; Revelation 17:15).
(b) Fruits of Jezebel: Radical feminism (eg worship of Wicca), homosexuality, the occult.
(c) Children of Jezebel Child's name "Terror".
Nimrod – Semerimus – Astaroth. Mother-child pattern – demonic Queen of Heaven, Venus, Diana, Astaroth, Semerimus, Nimrod.
Masculine characteristics. Example of woman of 50 years of age who raised her skirts like a child of 5 as the demon of rebellion manifested.
Spirits under the control of Jezebel
Children (Isaiah 47:8) Addictions, adultery, arrogance, broken marriages, charms, deception, divination, domination, drugs, fear, radical feminism, filthiness (of the spirit and the flesh), fornication, free love, frigidity, hatred, harlotry, heresies, homosexuality, idolatry, incest and indecency (comes as result of a curse from a previous generation involved in idolatry), jealousy, lasciviousness, lust, unclean thoughts, masturbation, occultic things, perverted sexual acts, oral sex, false religion and heresies (eg Mormonism, Jehovah's Witnesses, Herbert Armstrong, Children of God), pride, sorcery, schizophrenia, spiritism, spiritual blindness (eg Freemasonry, Mormonism); spirit of religion, witchcraft, ie domination, lying, blasphemy, covetousness, humanism. The ruling spirit under Jezebel is DECEPTION.
Note: Four downward steps: pride, rebellion, deception, perversion. (Cut cords into heavenlies)
Note that Jezebel often lurks in the background, waiting to send its demonic power into a young child, either in the womb or after birth. The Jezebelic chain has often been established through the generations and the spirit is a familiar spirit, following the generations, but waiting for its chance to strike, eg at a time of trauma or shock or anger, rejection etc, it then enters the child and from then on the child will begin to exhibit Jezebelic tendencies. (Uncover her.)
Spirits of abortion, anger, bitterness, blasphemy, corrupt communications, curses, dissension, drunkenness, envy or hatred, fear, filthy language, lack of faith, lying, malice, murder, nightmares, outbursts of wrath, poverty, rebellion, spirits of wretchedness, rejection, selfish ambitions, stealing, strife, torment, unbelief, unforgiveness. (Eg Rock Festivals). Frigidity.
Manifestations: Sleepiness, yawning, various kinds of infirmity that respond slowly to prayer.
(3) Death and Hell (Revelation 20:13-14)
Spirit of Death and Hell
Groupings of spirits: Curses such as frequent accidents, succession of deaths in families. Remember to reverse the curse, "Bless those who curse you, bless and curse not." (Matthew 5:44) Sickness, pain, plagues on Christians, breathing problems, guilt, condemnation (Eg Luke 13:11 – woman bound by spirit of infirmity).
(a) Guilt (b) Torment of hell
(c) Prison (d) Physical infirmities
(e) Spirit of stupor (f) Lung difficulties
(g) Fear of death. (h) Sorrow, regrets, hopelessness, loneliness, darkness, depression and fear.
(4) Unholy Trinity: Cast out Jezebel, then Antichrist, then Death and Hell. (Revelation 18:7&8; 19:20; 20:14)
(5) Control Spirit: Many people have a control spirit which will deny the truth. The devil can bring peace as well as turmoil. Control spirits act to control the person and prevent deliverance.
The function of the control spirit is two-fold:
(a) To shield the human spirit from hurt.
(b) To bring calmness.
This demon frequently comes in during childhood as a result of a trauma, eg one day a child's father says, "I am going away and will not come back." Youngster may well take on the demon which eases the pain.
5. CASTING OUT OF DEMONS
Jesus always commissioned His disciples to both preach the gospel and cast out demons.
6. DESCRIPTION OF DEMONS
Demons are spirits without bodies. Angels have bodies but demons usually do not. Demons have personalities.
(1) They have a WILL (Matthew 12:44)
(2) They have EMOTIONS (James 2:19)
(3) They have KNOWLEDGE (Mark 1:23,24)
(4) They have SELF-AWARENESS (Mark 5:9)
Many times I have found demons will name themselves, giving such names as anger, hate, envy, jealousy and fear. Praying for a woman with long-standing condition in her stomach. Demon said, "I won't go, this is my home, I will not leave her." Asked the demon its name. It said, "Legion" and then disappeared and she was healed.
(5) They have a CONSCIENCE too seared to respond
(6) They have an ABILITY TO SPEAK (Mark 1:24)
Sometimes voice is high-pitched and sometimes screams or gabbles. Will frequently speak out of people as we are casting demons out.
7. HOW DEMONS ACT
(1) They ENTICE (James 1:14)
(2) They DECEIVE – eg heresies. (Timothy 4:1&2)
(3) They ENSLAVE (Romans 8:15) Eg compulsive talking, eating, addictions to alcohol, smoking, masturbation.
(4) They TORMENT and oppress (2 Timothy 1:7) Fear, condemnation, doubt. Many people feel lighter when they have been delivered. They say, "Something heavy has left me."
(5) They DRIVE AND COMPEL (Luke 8:29)
Eg lust, murder assault.
(6) They DEFILE (Titus 1:15) Eg rock festivals.
(7) Their function is to HARASS.
(8) They often work in groups, eg anger,
fear, violence, defiling, rejection etc.
8. DEMONS FIGHT AGAINST OUR PEACE
(1) Against our PERSONAL HARMONY
(2) Against our PEACE OF MIND
(3) Against our PHYSICAL WELL-BEING
(4) They cause disruption with other people,
especially those close to us.
9. THE GREAT DISTINCTIVE MARK IS RESTLESSNESS
Demons drive, compel, torment and harass. Fight against inner harmony and cause disruption in relationships.
Gifts of discernment of spirits (1 Corinthians 12:10). This is a thought, vision or impression or the audible voice from the Holy Spirit, given by God, which makes us realise that wrong spiritual forces can be effecting a person or even ourselves.
10. HOW THEY OPERATE
(1) From OUTSIDE the body. (2) From WITHIN the body.
If they are outside, we must resist them. (James 4:7)
If they are within the body, we must expel them. (Mark 1:39)
11. THE AREAS IN WHICH THEY AFFECT US
(1) Our emotions, attitudes, relationships, eg they cause resentment, hatred, fear or rebellion. Persistent, compulsive, bring fear.
(2) The thoughts of the mind, eg doubt, unbelief, indecision, procrastination, compromise.
(3) In the tongue, eg lying, cursing, gossip, blasphemy.
Psychiatrists claim that people tell up to 200 lies a day without knowing it. Spirit of lying can rest on our tongue like a spirit of unclean talk and blasphemy.
(4) In the sexual area, eg perversion, homosexuality and masturbation.
(5) In addiction – alcohol, nicotine, gluttony, anorexia – food (root is often frustration).
Following true repentance I place my hand on their nose and ask them to breathe in and out.
(6) Physical infirmities (Luke 13:12-13)
Eg tumours, heart attacks, cancer, arthritis, allergies, cramps, asthma.
12. OTHER AREAS THEY ATTACK
(1) Psychological areas, eg if we have recurrent evil and disruptive emotional attitudes which dominate us against our will, eg resentment, hatred, fear, envy, jealousy, pride.
(2) We have moods which are unreasonable and extreme, eg we can become very talkative or we can change to taciturn depression.
(3) Physical: There can be unnatural restlessness and talkativeness. Enslaving habits, eg gluttony, alcohol, nicotine, drugs, sexual immorality, perversion of all kinds, uncontrollable, unclean thoughts or looks, blasphemy, mockery, unclean language.
(4) Persistent or violent opposition to the truth of Scripture and the work of the Holy Spirit.
(5) Unscriptural doctrine or prohibitions, unnatural asceticism, superstitions observances (eg charms, fortune-telling, astrology, mediums).
Note: One of the foregoing symptoms alone would not necessarily be conclusive indication of demon present, but where several symptoms are found together, the probability of demon activity is extremely high.
13. HOW DEMONS ENTER
(1) Through our own sin, eg idolatry, rebellion.
In Tonga, I prayed for a young homosexual who had a stunted leg. As you renounce homosexuality, his leg was totally healed. He was subsequently discipled as a Christian by the Prime Minister of Tonga.
(2) Through the sin of our ancestors, eg idolatry.
Examples: Rejection, spirits of grief, spirit of memories.
Effect of hereditary bondages:
I prayed for a boy who was born totally deaf. The word of knowledge was that it was the result of the mother's extensive involvement in fortune telling. She repented and the boy was healed.
(3) Domination of one person by another, eg spirit of Jezebel.
(4) Through our mind – through our thought life – fantasy.
(5) Touching dead bodies. (Numbers 19:11)
(6) Shock (particularly at times of accident)
(9) Marriage breakdowns
(10) Habits, eg masturbation, smoking, oral sex, bestiality.
(11) Soul ties
(a) Moving with people who are not Christians.
(b) Movies, television, music, magazines.
(d) Transference of spirits in a church.
(e) Scattered souls. (Proverbs 6:27)
(f) Sexual intercourse, child molestation.
(g) Satanically inspired music, eg some forms of rock music and dancing. Woman in Cook Islands renounced a spirit which had entered her while watching certain forms of dancing with sexual overtones in an island in the South Pacific. The spirit left her with a tremendous noise and she was finally set free – spirit of lust had entered through her eyes. Rock `n Roll, back masking, Jonathan Livingstone Seagull
(13) Entry of witchcraft through feet and womb.
(14) Unforgiveness. (Matthew 18:34-35) Eg man who was healed of arthritis in his hand in church at Eketahuna.
(15) Rejection. Can occur at conception, in mother's womb, baby not bonded, adopted child, hereditary rejection, practices in the family home, caused by peers, self-rejection. This causes problems in later life.
(16) Spirits of tradition, pride and prejudice and religion. Encumbrances of tradition.
Doctrinal obsessions, legalism, personal prejudices.
(17) Occult. (Deuteronomy 18:9-12)
Familiar spirits affecting families.
Influences of witchcraft: Abnormal fears, especially in the dark, disturbing dreams, hatred of being left alone, spirits of Antichrist. Testimony of woman healed from bleeding – spirit out of ear – fortune teller at age of 10.
Results of involvement in the occult:
Depression, suicidal thoughts, no desire for prayer and Bible study, inner resistance to the Word of God, no word of prayer coming to one's lips, visions of ghostly forms, fear, blasphemous thoughts against God and Christ, manic fits, visions of people in past generations, religious delusions, inability to make decisions, feelings of anxiety, gripping feeling about the throat, voices that you cannot get rid of no matter how much you fight, fits of rage, melancholia, schizophrenia.
(18) Ethnic traditions, culture and environment, eg Japanese ancestor worship, religious spirits.
(19) False religions Teachings which deny John 10:9.
(20) Heresies (1 Timothy 4:1-2) Eg Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons, Freemasonry. Note curses pamphlet.
(21) Curses: Self-imposed, relational, by witchdoctors etc, by unscriptural covenants. Example of man who saw father try to throttle his mother when he was 5. Hated his father. Was told for years later, "You are just like your father." This became a spirit.
(22) Watching people die, especially after nursing them.
(23) Fire-walking , eg Fiji and India.
(24) Charms and fetishes in our homes. (Deut. 7:25-26)
(25) Yoga and martial arts Kung Fu, Aikido, Tae Kwon Do, Karate, Tai Chi, Judo (rooted in Taoism and Buddhism).
(26) Transcendental Meditation, Extra Sensory Perception, Hypnosis.
14. TO BE DELIVERED WE MUST:
(1) Humble ourselves.
(2) Be completely honest.
(3) Confess our sins. (James 5:14-16) Examples of healings in meetings where people have confessed their sins.
(6) Call on the Name of the Lord. Acts 2:21.
Hissing (tongue goes in and out like a snake's tongue), spitting, wriggling, sighing, coughing and gasping (smoking demons), shouting, lying down as though dead (spirit of coma, hypnosis), mucus (demons of sexual uncleanness – white foam), animal noises, yawning, sobbing, roaring (hate demons), screaming, eyes roll back and flutter – only white part visible – or operate independently, nostrils flare, lips purse, foul smelling fluids, twisting figures – often masturbation, blood from mouth, smell like sulphur. Sometimes nothing. Example of manifestation: Acts 8:7.
My Housekeeper thought we had a dog in house she could hear all this barking – Another situation we had a boy on church floor barking like a dog at the moon – Again we saw a man rushing forward on his hands and knees, baring his teeth as he made his way towards the altar rail in our church during a deliverance – the spirit of lion has come out on occasions.
16. WHY PEOPLE ARE NOT DELIVERED
(1) They do not repent. Note difference between repentance and remorse. (Matthew 27:3)
(2) They fail to repent of their sins, especially adultery and abortion. (James 5:6)
(3) They fail to forgive (Mark 11:25-26)
(4) They fail to break with the occult (Acts 19:19)
(5) They fail to resist the devil (James 4:7)
(6) Failure to repent from pride.
Note: Four downward steps: pride, rebellion, deception, perversion.
(1) Listen carefully to what the person says about their problem so the Holy Spirit can give you guidance.
(2) As you minister in deliverance, work with others.
(3) Take rest periods during deliverance.
(4) The agent of deliverance is the Holy Spirit.
18. THE ACTUAL DELIVERANCE
(1) Total forgiveness required.
(2) Honour and forgive parents.
(3) Renounce any curse.
(4) Renounce all forms of idolatry and false religions.
(5) Confess all sin and unbelief.
(6) Renounce sins of ancestors Galatians 3:13&14.
(7) Take off any charms or demonic jewellery.
(8) Cleanse house from idols, carvings etc.
(10) Person should expel spirits by breathing out or coughing.
(11) Must have absolute faith in Jesus Christ.
(12) Total humility required – turning from all pride, rebellion, deception and perversion.
(13) Sometimes fasting is required.
(14) Call on the name of Jesus.
(15) Person must assert will and resist devil. (1 John 4:4)
(16) Praise God (many times).
19. THE MINISTER:
(1) Remember your authority in Jesus Christ. (Mat. 28:18)
(2) Know the anointing of the Holy Spirit.
(3) Use your prayer language.
(4) Command the person to look at you and tell demons to go.
(5) You should be baptised in the Holy Spirit.
(6) You should use the gifts of discernment of spirits and word of knowledge as you minister.
(7) We can agree and bind and loose the spirit.
(8) Allow others in group to bring forward any words of discernment or knowledge.
(9) Don't let the candidate use the name of Jesus or speak in tongues while deliverance is taking place.
(10) Cut cords of Jezebel, Antichrist, Death and Hell and any other spiritual powers from person's forehead etc.
(11) Be aware of the children of Jezebel, eg child of Terror.
(12) Find master of demon and cast out.
(13) Cut ungodly soul-ties.
(14) Remember the agent of deliverance is the Holy Spirit.
(15) Listen to what the Holy Spirit is saying as to how you should pray.
(16) Be persistent and by the word of knowledge follow through the network of demons to the principal strongman.
(17) Fix your mind on Jesus Christ.
(18) Have absolute belief in the power of the Word of God and use the Word of God. (1 Corinthians 6:9)
Example at rock festival.
(19) Anoint with oil.
(20) Consecrate various parts of the body. (Romans 12:1-2).
(20) Putting water on the person's forehead as a reminder of their baptism and cutting off from the power of sin.
(21) Laying on of hands.
Ministering angels surround us.
Hebrews 1:14: "Are they not all ministering spirits sent forth to minister for those who will inherit salvation?"
Note re Group Ministry – always have others present to help you. Ensure that the groups have pleaded the Blood of Jesus before they commence practising deliverance.
No certificates issued after deliverance.
20. TO KEEP OUR DELIVERANCE WE MUST:
(1) Totally yield to Jesus Christ in every area of our life, making Him Lord of every area.
(2) Be always filled with the Holy Spirit. (Ephesians 5:18)
(3) Believe and live by the Word of God. (Matthew 4:4)
(4) Put on the full armour of God. (Ephesians 6:14-18)
(5) Stay with the right people and receive ongoing counsel from pastor.
(6) Have the right relationships with people.
(7) Make Jesus the centre of every part of our lives. We must die daily to our old self and reassert our position daily in Jesus Christ.
(8) Possess the land. Deliverance can be progressive – people should be told to go away, read their Word, get on their knees before God, confess their sins and come into true repentance and be baptised with the Holy Spirit. (Exodus 23:28-33)
21. BINDING DEMONS WHEN THE PERSON IS NOT PRESENT
(Matthew 18:18-20) Example of person in prayer meeting causing difficulty. Parents who have prayed for children who have disappeared – not heard from for a long time. Bound demon power affecting those children, prayed in belief and been full reconciliation.
22. SELF DELIVERANCE (James 4:7)
Heavy oppression, suffocation, pain or sickness.
These notes can be used to accompany the five-hour
teaching series, "Deliverance from Demons", (New Series)
available on VHS video or audio cassettes.
APPENDIX 1: OCCULT CHECK LIST
Possible Demonic Entry Points:
[ ] Abstract art (under hallucinogenic stimulus)
[ ] Acupuncture
[ ] Amulets (tigers claw, sharks tooth, horseshoe over door, mascots, talisman (magic picture)
[ ] Ankh (a cross with a ring top used in satanic rites)
[ ] Apparitions – occultic
[ ] Astral travel
[ ] Astrology
[ ] Augury (interpreting omens)
[ ] Automatic writing
[ ] Birth signs
[ ] Black arts
[ ] Black magic (involving hidden powers for bad ends)
[ ] Black mass
[ ] Blood subscriptions (pacts)
[ ] Cartomancy (using playing cards)
[ ] Chain letters
[ ] Charming or enchanting (attempts to use spirit power)
[ ] Charms and charming for wart removal
[ ] Chinese astrology
[ ] Clairaudience (ability to hear voices and sounds super-normally – spirited voices alleging to be those of dead people giving advice or warnings)
[ ] Clairsentience (supernormal sense perception)
[ ] Clairvoyance (ability to see objects or events spontaneously or supernormally above their normal range of vision – second sight)
[ ] Colour therapy
[ ] Concept therapy
[ ] Conjuration (summoning up a spirit by incantation)
[ ] Coven (a community of witches)
[ ] Crystal ball gazing
[ ] Crystals
[ ] Death magic (where the name of the sickness plus a written spell is cast into coffin or grave)
[ ] Demon worship
[ ] Disembodied spirits
[ ] Divining rod or twig or pendulum (Hosea 4:12)
[ ] Dowsing or witching for water, minerals, under-ground cables, finding out the sex of unborn child using divining rod, pendulum, twig or planchette
[ ] Dream interpretation (as with Edgar Cayce books)
[ ] Dungeons and dragons
[ ] Eastern meditation/religious – Gurus, Mantras, Yoga, Temples etc
[ ] Ectoplasm (unknown substance from body of a medium)
[ ] Enchanting
[ ] E.S.P. (extra sensory perception)
[ ] Findhorn Community
[ ] Floating trumpets
[ ] Fortune telling
[ ] Gothic rock music
[ ] Gurus
[ ] Gypsy curses
[ ] Hallucinogenic drugs (cocaine, heroin, marijuana, sniffing glue etc)
[ ] Handwriting analysis (for fortune telling)
[ ] Hard rock music – Kiss, Led Zeppelin, Rolling Stones
[ ] Heavy metal music – AC/DC, Guns and Roses (all heavy rock)
[ ] Hepatoscopy (examination of liver for interpretation)
[ ] Hex signs (hexagrams)
[ ] Horoscopes
[ ] Hydromancy (divination by viewing images in water)
[ ] Hypnosis
[ ] Idols
[ ] Incantations
[ ] Iridology (eye diagnosis)
[ ] Japanese flower arranging (sun worship)
[ ] Jonathan Livingstone Seagull (Reincarnation, Hinduism)
[ ] Kabbala (Occult Lore)
[ ] Karma
[ ] Levitation
[ ] Lucky charms or signs of the Zodiac or birthstones
[ ] Magic (not sleight of hand but use of supernatural power)
[ ] Mantras
[ ] Martial arts (Aikido, Judo, Karate, Kung fu, Tae Kwan Do etc)
[ ] Matthew Manning
[ ] Mediums
[ ] Mental suggestion
[ ] Mental telepathy
[ ] Mental therapy
[ ] Mesmerism
[ ] Metaphysics (study of spirit world)
[ ] Mind control
[ ] Mind Dynamics
[ ] Mind mediumship
[ ] Mind reading
[ ] Moon-mancy
[ ] Motorskopua (mechanical pendulum for diagnosing illness)
[ ] Mysticism
[ ] Necromancy (conjuring up spirits of the dead)
[ ] Numerical symbolism
[ ] Numerology
[ ] Occultic games
[ ] Occult letters of protection
[ ] Occult literature, eg The Greater World, The 6th & 7th Book of Moses, The Other side, The book of Venus, Pseudo-Christian works of Jacob Lorber, works by Edgar Cayce, Aleister Crowley, Jean Dixon, Levi Dowling, Arthur Ford (The Overt Worship of Spirit Beings), Johann Greber, Andrew Jackson Davis, Anton Le Vay, Ruth Montgomery, John Newborough, Eric Von Daniken, Dennis Wheatley.
* Such books should be burned, regardless of cost.
[ ] Omens
[ ] Ouija boards
[ ] Pagan fetishes
[ ] Pagan religious objects, artifacts and relics
[ ] Pagan rites (Voodo, Sing sings, Corroborees, Fire walking, Umbahda, Macumba)
[ ] Palmistry
[ ] Pk (parakineses – control of objects by the power of the mind and will)
[ ] Parapsychology (PS) – especially study of demonic activity
[ ] Pendulum diagnosis
[ ] Phrenology (divining/analysis from the skull)
[ ] Planchette (divining)
[ ] Precognition (foreknowledge of the occurrence of events)
[ ] Psychic healing
[ ] Psychic sight
[ ] Psychography (use of heart shaped board)
[ ] Psychometry (telling fortunes by lifting or holding object belonging to the enquirer)
[ ] Punk rock music
[ ] Pyramidology (mystic powers associated with models of pyramids)
[ ] Rebirthing
[ ] Reincarnation
[ ] Rhabdomancy (casting sticks into the air for interpreting omens)
[ ] Satanism
[ ] Seances
[ ] Self hypnosis
[ ] Significant pagan days
[ ] Silva Mind Control (SMC – Psychorientology)
[ ] Sorcery
[ ] Spells
[ ] Spirit knockings or rappings
[ ] Star signs
[ ] Stichomancy (fortune telling from random reference to books)
[ ] Stigmata – ie occultic types.
[ ] Superstitions (self or parents or grandparents)
[ ] Table tipping
[ ] Tarot cards (22 picture cards for fortune telling)
[ ] Tea-leaf reading
[ ] Thought transference
[ ] Tk (telekineses – objects move around room, instruments play, engines start…)
[ ] TM (Transcendental Meditation
[ ] Trances
[ ] Transmigration
[ ] Travel of the soul
[ ] UFO fixation
[ ] Uri Geller
[ ] White magic (invoking hid-den powers for `good ends')
[ ] Witchcraft
[ ] Yoga (involves Eastern demon worship
[ ] Zodiac charms, birthdates
[ ] Zodiac signs
* Acts 19:19: "Also, many of those who had practiced magic brought their books together and burned them in the sight of all. And they counted up the value of them, and it totaled fifty thousand pieces of silver."
* Deuteronomy 7:25&26: "You shall burn the carved images of their gods with fire; you shall not covet the silver or gold that is on them, nor take it for yourselves, lest you be snared by it; for it is an abomination to the Lord your God.
Nor shall you bring an abomination into your house, lest you be doomed to destruction like it; but you shall utterly detest it and utterly abhor it, for it is an accursed thing."
APPENDIX 2: NON CHRISTIAN RELIGIONS AND CULTS
* 1 Timothy 4:1 says: "Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons…"
Ananda Marga Yoga Society, Anthroposophical Society (Eurythmy, Rudolf Steiner, Waldorf Schools); Astara, Bubba Free John; Bahai; Buddhism; Children of God (Family of Love); Christadelphians; Christian Science; Church of the Living Word (John Robert Stevens "The Walk"); Church Universal and Triumphant (Elizabeth Clare Prophet); Confucianism; Divine Light Mission (Guru Maharaj Ji); Druids Lodge; ECKANKAR (Paul Twitchell); Enlightment (heightened awareness, nirvana, satori, transcendental bliss, god-realisation, expanded consciousness, altered perception of reality, cosmic consciousness etc); Esalen Institute (Michael Murphy); e.s.t. (Erhard Seminar Training); Foundation faith of the Millenium (Robert de Grimston); Foundation of Human Understanding (Roy Masters); Freemasonry; Gurdjieff/Subud/Renaiisance (Esoteric Christianity); Hare Krishna; Hinduism (Karma, reincarnation, avatars, Bhagavad-Gita, Yoga, T.M.); Holy Order of MANS; Inner Peace Movement; International Community of the Christ/The Jamilans; Jehovah's Witnesses (Dawn Bible Students); Krisnamurti Foundation of America; Meher Baba (Sufism Reorientated Inc); Mind Sciences; Mormons (Church of the Latter Day Saints); Mukatananda Paramahansa (Siddha Yoga Dham Centres); Neo-Gnosticism; New Age Movement; Nichiren Shoshu/Soka Gakkai (NSA Lotus Sutra); Rastafarianism; Ratanaism; Religious Science; Rev Ike (Frederick Eikeren Koetter); Rev Sun Myung Moon (Moonies, Unification Church); Rosecruicianism (AMORC); Sathya Sai Baba; Scientology (L. Ron Hubbard Dianetics); Self Realisation Fellowship; Sharmanism; Shintoism; Spiritual Frontiers Fellowship; Spiritualism/Spiritism; Sri Chimnoy; Swami Kriyananda; Swami Rami; Swami Vivekananda (Vedanta Society); Swedenborgianism; Taoism; Theosophy; Urantia; Unity School of Christianity (Charles Myrtle and Lowell Fillmore); Yogi Bhajan (Sikh Foundation/3HO Foundation); Zen.