CLAIMING OUR RIGHTS
Introduction: KINGDOM is a legal document. Most of our basic legal terminology comes from the Scripture. The very titles, Old Covenant and New Covenant, are legal terms.
A. Every step in the plan of Redemption, from the Fall of Man until Jesus Christ was seated at the right hand of the Majesty on High, having redeemed the human race, is simply a series of legal steps perfecting the most remarkable Legal Document that we have in our possession.
B. The plan of Redemption cannot be understood unless one reads it from the legal point of view. In this plan of Redemption there are three parties to the contract; God, Man, and Satan. (God must be just to Himself, just to Man, and just to the Devil)
C. We understand that God created man, placing him here on the earth, and that He conferred upon him certain legal rights.
Legal rights that are conferred are more easily forfeited than those that come by nature. These rights man transferred to Satan, God’s enemy.
D. This brings the Devil into the plan so that he must be dealt with, and the whole scheme of Redemption is God’s seeking to redeem the human race from Adam’s sin, and doing it upon such an equitable basis that it will perfectly satisfy the claims of Justice, meet the needs of man, and defeat Satan on legal grounds.
E. The Fall of Man was a lawful act; that is, Adam had a legal right to transfer the authority and dominion that God had placed in his hands into the hands of another. This gives Satan a legal right to rule over man and over creation.
Point: The plan of Redemption is one of the most ingenious, and most wonderful of all the many works of God. (Legally God was obligated to redeem man)
1. Notice what He is obliged to do.
A. Man sold himself out to the Devil, making himself a bond slave, and God must in some way redeem fallen man from his sin, and Satan’s dominion. He must do it in such a way as not to be unjust to Satan, nor unjust to man.
Point: God must recognize man’s treacherous act of transference of dominion. It was a legal act, and God has no right to arbitrarily annul it. He must show to Satan perfect justice at all points, and at the same time He must reach man in his helplessness and redeem him.
B. In order to do this, it is necessary that one come to the earth who is not a subject of Satan, and yet a man, and as a man meet every demand of justice against man. (In order to accomplish this, there must be an Incarnation)
C. This Incarnate one must not be a subject of satan, nor a subject of death, so what does God do? He sends the Holy Spirit to a virgin in Judah, and she conceives and bears a son.
1. This son is born, not of natural generation but of supernatural. The child is not a subject of death nor of Satan.
2. He has the same type of a body that the first man, Adam, had before he sinned.
3. Every step of the work that was accomplished by this Incarnate One was based upon perfectly legal grounds.
4. This Incarnate One met the demands, first, of the heart of Deity for a perfect human who would do His will; second, He met the demands of fallen man in that as a man He met the Devil and conquered him in honorable open combat.
“Being tempted in all points, yet without sin.”
5. He goes on the Cross, and God lays upon him the iniquity of the human race.
6. He, then, with this burden upon Him and under Judgment of God, goes down into Hell and suffers the penalty demanded by Justice.
7. When He had paid this penalty, He arose from the dead. He conquered Satan. He broke his dominion and took away his authority and power.
8. Then, with the trophies of His triumph, He ascended to the right hand of the Majesty on High and laid the tokens of His victory at the feet of His Great Father.
On the ground of this victory, the sinner has a legal right to accept Jesus Christ as a personal Savior.
You have a legal right to Eternal Life.
You have a legal right to Victory over sin and Satan.
You have a legal right to a home in Heaven.
You have a legal right to use the Name of Jesus in prayer.
You have a legal right to your Father’s protection and care.
You have a legal right to a son’s place in the Family of God.
You have a legal right to the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit, to the care and protection of the Spirit, and to the intercession and teaching of the Spirit.
You have a legal right to be translated at the Second Coming of the Lord Jesus.
You have a legal right to immortality for the body.
You have a legal right to an inheritance in the New Heavens and New Earth.
You have a legal right to live with your Father throughout Eternity.
ARE WE CLAIMING OUR LEGAL RIGHTS?