We as Christians declare our undying loyalty, love and allegiance to God.
But every time it comes to placing our supposed Faith in the one true God, the King of Kings, Lord of Lords, and the Creator of the Universe, we opt out on our Faith, by once again placing Our Faith in the power of the Political Party of “OUR” choice, the Candidate of that chosen Political Party, and the Voting Booth.
We declare we have been given this right to vote by our forefathers, and we should never abuse this privilege, by neglecting to vote. We have 2 yrs. until our next elections, are we going to place Our Trust in man again, or place Our Faith in God?
Just take a look at the following scriptures.
5) And said unto him, Behold, thou art old, and thy sons walk not in thy ways: now make us a king to judge us like all the nations.
6) But the thing displeased Samuel, when they said, Give us a king to judge us. And Samuel prayed unto the LORD.
7) And the LORD said unto Samuel, Hearken unto the voice of the people in all that they say unto thee: for they have not rejected thee, but they have rejected me, that I should not reign over them.
Read all of the chapter and hear what God said their King would be like, our Government is no different today, it is as corrupt as God was telling the Israelites their King would be.
13) If I shut up heaven that there be no rain, or if I command the locusts to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among my people;
14) If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
I know, everyone uses these verses, but the difference is, I am saying that these prayers need to be from all Christians in the country. We need to acknowledge our SIN, which is the failure of placing Our Trust in God, we need to humble ourselves, by placing our Faith and Hope in God, rather than the Political Parties, and System devised by man.
We have to withdraw from all involvement with any Political System, by turning in our voters registration cards, and having our names expunged from the voting rolls, by doing this we are then REPENTING of the evil, and making a stand for God.
Remember the Jews said “make us a king to judge us like all the nations”.
We say we want God to rule us, or even that He does, but Do we really want God to rule us?
When Jesus was asked a question He said
Tell us therefore, What thinkest thou? Is it lawful to give tribute unto Caesar, or not?
20) And he saith unto them, Whose is this image and superscription?
21) They say unto him, Caesar’s. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar’s; and unto God the things that are God’s.
God has already told us what our position toward Government should be.
Eph 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.
Our Government is corrupt, and advocates Abortion, that in itself should be enough for any Christian to never in any why want to be connected to it, we should be praying for Government, not participating in it.
13) Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord’s sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme;
14) Or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do well.
15) For so is the will of God, that with well doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men:
16) As free, and not using your liberty for a cloke of maliciousness, but as the servants of God.
17) Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king.
Rev 5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and “WE” shall reign on the earth.
1) I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
2) For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
3) For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
4) Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
Pro 29:2 When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn.
Are we mourning yet?
This verse doesn’t mean we should be participating in Government, but praying for it.
Let us then take that Authority given us by God, Praying for our Government, for that is our position, we are the Priests offering up to God the Prayers for those He has placed into Authority over us.
All Authority in the Earth is Gods’ and comes from God, God chooses whom He will give His Authority to, He decides who will rise and fall to fulfill His purposes in the Earth, not us by voting. He decides who will be King and who will loose his Kingdom, look at the story of Nebuchadnessar.
GOD HAS GIVEN “US” THE AUTHORITY, WE SHOULD EXERCISE THAT AUTHORITY BY PRAYING.