ANDHRA PRADESH, INDIA :– It had almost been a week and Chakrapani and his wife still didn’t know if their one-year-old son would live to see the next day. Fear gripped them every time he would make a whimpering cry—not knowing if that would be his last breath.
One week earlier, while Chakrapani and his wife were outside, their young son mistakenly drank kerosene from a small can in the house. They immediately took him to a hospital, and for three days he was in critical condition. In the end, the doctor told his parents nothing could be done—they were instructed to wait and see if the boy would recover.
Pastors like this one need your prayers to continue the work they do in Asia-being used to further His kingdom.
It was at this time that Gospel for Asia missionary John Durmada felt led to visit the family. After he encouraged them to trust in Jesus for healing, he began praying fervently for God to intervene. Shortly after the prayer, the couple and pastor checked on the boy. They noticed that he was now breathing freely and was in good health—the Lord hadperformed a miracle!
As a result, Chakrapani and his wife gave their lives to God and accepted His gift of eternal life through Jesus Christ. Since then, they have been faithfully attending church and witnessing to others about the testimony of God’s grace in their lives. Please pray that this family will continue to grow in the love and knowledge of Jesus Christ. John asks for prayer that the child will come to know Christ early in his life, and that he will be used by Him for the furthering of His kingdom in Andhra Pradesh, India.